Costco’s Food Court is renowned for its delicious and affordable menu items, and the Chicken Bake is a popular choice among customers. This article delves into the nutritional aspects of the Costco Chicken Bake, providing a detailed analysis for those interested in understanding what they consume.
The Costco Chicken Bake is a substantial meal, packing a significant amount of calories, fat, carbohydrates, and protein. Here’s a breakdown of its nutritional content:
- Calories: The Chicken Bake contains approximately 770-840 calories per serving, making it a high-calorie food option. This calorie count is substantial, considering the average daily calorie intake recommendation is around 2,000 calories for most adults.
- Fat: It contains about 19-26 grams of fat. This includes saturated, polyunsaturated, monounsaturated fats, and a small amount of trans fat. The saturated fat content is noteworthy, making up a significant portion of the daily recommended value.
- Cholesterol and Sodium: The Chicken Bake has high cholesterol and sodium levels. With 70-115 mg of cholesterol and 1370-2470 mg of sodium, it exceeds the daily recommended intake for sodium.
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrate content ranges from 58-81 grams, including dietary fiber and sugars. However, dietary fiber content contributes positively to daily fiber intake.
- Protein: This item is rich in protein, offering about 46-61 grams per serving. This high protein content makes it a filling option, beneficial for muscle repair and growth.
Considerations for Dietary Needs
While the Chicken Bake is a filling and tasty option, it’s essential to consider its high calorie, fat, and sodium content. Those monitoring their calorie intake or with dietary restrictions related to fat, cholesterol, and sodium should consume this item mindfully.
Costco Wholesale Corporation, known simply as Costco, is a multinational corporation from the United States. Founded in 1983 in Seattle, Washington, it has grown to become one of the largest retailers in the world. Costco is famous for its membership-only warehouse clubs, offering various products from groceries to electronics at discounted prices. The company is committed to quality and value, ensuring customer satisfaction through its products and services.
In conclusion, the Costco Chicken Bake is a nutritious and satisfying option for those looking for a quick meal. However, given its high calorie and sodium content, consumers should consider their dietary needs and preferences before indulging in this popular Costco offering.